Logic And Logos
Essays on Science, Religion and Philosophy
by William Hatcher
Essays linking science to philosophy and theology.
Five astute essays linking modern mathematics and logic with issues traditionally the concern of philosophy and theology. An exciting and intellectually stimulating book at the interface of disciplines now approaching each other after centuries of mutual suspicion. The titles of the essays are:
* Platonism and Pragmatism
* Myths, Models and Mysticism
* From Metaphysics to Logic
* A Modem Formulation of Avichenna's Cosmological Proof of the Existence of God
* A Logical Solution to the Problem of Evil
* Science and the Bahá'í Faith
This book is the textbook for Professor Hatcher's course on Science and Religion in the Certificate Programme for the Study of the Bahá'í Faith at the Landegg Academy, Switzerland in 1990-91.
21.6 x 13.8 cm (8.50 x 5.5 in)